Monday, June 6, 2016

Vicky's Baptism

This week has been perfect. Victoria's baptism was amazing and I'm excited to tell you all about it, but I'm low on time, so we'll just dive right in!

May 30th
Happy Birthday to me! I was lucky enough to have my birthday on a P-day, which meant I could party!! I was so blessed on my birthday with a great companion and investigators who made it a special day! They planned the whole thing, first we got some fish and chips, and then we played some badminton. We took a wee break, and then met back up at the park where everyone surprised me with a cake and some party food! Then we ended off the night with some basketball and rounders (a British baseball knock off) I couldn't have asked for a better time! Although I was a little disappointed when I didn't get my breakfast in bed.... Or Birthday Crepes! 


May 31st
The two main events of today were helping a less actives son move, and when we went over the baptismal questions with Vicky! She was ship shape and ready for the real interview on Wednesday!


June 1st
Wednesday was a wild one! First we had to take the car a ways out into the country to get a couple of things checked out, while we were waiting for them to do their thing Elder Wilson and I got a sausage roll and an Iron Brew and enjoyed the sunny weather out on the sea side. It felt amazing! We’re trying to soak up all the sun we can because we know it will never last! Later on the Zone Leaders came down and did Vicky's baptismal interview. She passed and is all ready to go for Saturday!! Not long after, we were on our way to a dinner appointment with Martin out Czech friend, when we get a call from the AP's Telling us to speed down to the ferry terminal "And whatever you do, DO NOT LET ELDER CHEN GET ON THAT FERRY!" So I made like speed racer and caught him just in time. The poor kid had no idea what was going on, but Elder Chen is from China and his visa to Ireland was rejected. President didn't know what to do with him so he just told him to stay in a trio with us for awhile and they figured something out! We ended up still having that dinner appointment, and I don't think I’ve seen anything funnier than a Chinese man and Czech man try to communicate! 


June 2nd
Woke up bright and early today and had Elder Chen show me his mad skills on the numb chucks. Later we had coordination meeting, a lesson with James and Amy, and a lovely dinner with the branch president. Near the end of the night we got another call from the AP's telling us to put Elder Chen on a Train to Glasgow. I was sad to see him go, I learned a lot from that little Asian man in those two days. Elder Chen converted to the gospel three years ago. Back home he has to drive four hours to get to the closest church. He is the only Member is his Provence and is not supported by his family in anything to do with the church. And I used to complain when I had to go home teaching!! What an example! Elder Chen is no fool, the church is true. 


June 3rd
There was a lot that went on Friday, We had a couple lesson, made Vicky baptismal calendar, and later on I got a massive bloody nose from a basketball to the face! To end the night we got some kind of disturbing phone call from an unknown number...  

June 4th
Vicky's Baptism was today!! We traveled up to Ayr and got everything ready, we also had the Ayr Elders invite some members as not many people could make it from Stanraer because of the distance. I was pretty stressed hoping everything would work out, but the Lord had my back and everything was perfect. Vicky picked me to do the baptism, it felt amazing, I've been working with her for almost five months now, and I’ve gone through three companions here and most everyone wanted to drop her. But I always got the feeling that we should keep trying, and I guess now I know why! After the baptism we were both glowing the rest of the night. It was an amazing spiritual experience for the both of us. After the baptism we celebrated by having a ka-bab-tism with our new Tongan missionary Elder Fauco! What a way to end the night!




June 5th
Church was grand. Vicky received the Gift of the Holy Ghost. The Spirit touched her heart, and she was left in tears for the rest of the testimony meeting. I can't even begin to explain how grateful I am to have had had these experiences. 

1. I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain
And ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again.

2. I know when I am baptized my wrongs are washed away,
And I can be forgiven and improve myself each day.

Chorus
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain.
I want to be the best I can and live with God again.

As I sang to words to this song on Saturday my thoughts were turned to my own baptism, and the promises I've made with the Lord. I know that as I am true to him in following the commandments, and his example that I will be blessed and guided by the Holy Ghost. That's a blessing I wish everyone had. And because I have been given much, I too must give. Till the Work is done.

Love, Elder Cluster


No comments:

Post a Comment