Wednesday, June 1, 2016

A Week of Blessings

Wow, it’s been on awesome week! We've had so many blessings these past couple days it’s not even funny! Buckle up because I'm excited to share them with you.
May 23rd
P-day is always a blessing, but the biggest blessing of the day was getting to do service for our Buddhist friend. I got to make another massive bonfire, and to top it all off he made us this epic fruit drink from the Netherlands that looked liked Pepto-Bismol! 



May 24th
The first blessing of Tuesday was District Meeting. There were three people going home this transfer in my district so I had them all instruct on what they felt would help us the most through the rest of our missions. They were so wise! No joke, it was probably the most spiritual District Meeting of my mission so far! So the rest of the day we did a blitz exchange in Ayr, it was nice to be able to spend some time with my old companion Elder Harman before he goes through the twilight zone and back to the real world. Throughout the day I found five potentials! 


May 25th
It was one massive blessing on Wednesday. We had a stellar lesson with Vicky, the first we've had with her in a while. And she's committed to baptism again! Something is different this time, and I really feel she's ready now. So many people told me I was wasting my time of her but I always felt prompted to keep trying, and now I know why!
May 26th
Two main blessings of Thursday where first, a fantastic lesson with Dayna and Tia in the McLean’s home. We taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ and resolved some of Tia's concerns with Baptism.  Second was a Youth Activity where we played Badminton again. Dang, badminton is my sport! I wish I knew I had these mad skills earlier in my life, I could of been in the Olympics or something by now!


May 27th
A big blessing Friday was getting to see Kevin again; this was the first time in a couple weeks. Sadly not much had change though; he still loves to learn but just isn't fully committing and willing to make the gospel a priority. He'll come some around someday! We also got to help Martin out with a new bike he bought. Do yourself a favor and if you ever buy a bike, make sure it comes assembled, and if you don't, make sure you get the instructions in your language. 

May 28th
Today I ate a lot of food... That's a blessing, and a curse. It started with a sausage roll from the McGillvary's, then went to Martin’s for Black Pudding soup, and ended the day with a munchy box from the local Indian takeaway. We tried our hardest to keep ourselves busy today to help keep our mind off moves call, but we were still pretty distracted. None the less we still had a wonderful lesson with Emma and Rachel about the Book of Mormon and committed everyone and their cousins to be at church!


May 29th
Sunday was perfect, and full of so many blessings. I don't think I’ve had a better Sunday since I’ve come to Stranraer! Nearly everyone we invited to church actually came! We have four investigators and two less actives there. I've been praying that people would starting coming to church, I've also been thinking about what kind of a difference I’ve made in this area. God really comforted me and helped me feel that I really have made a difference here, and helped to push his work along. By nearly tripling the size of the congregation, it really helped me to keep my mind off of the moves call! 


Throughout the week I was really hopping that I would get moved to somewhere new and exciting considering I've spend nearly a year in the Paisley Zone now. But deep down inside I knew my work wasn't finished here in Stranraer. Elder Wilson and I will both be here another 5 weeks. I'm excited to see what we can do in that time! 



It was an incredible week, and this week is shaping up to be even better! Today is my Birthday. It’s the craziest thing, but yesterday I totally forgot about it, I guess with moves call and everything going on there was just more important things to think about :) It’s been a blast so far though; I'm super grateful that my birthday landed on a P-day! I’m loving all the birthday emails, and I'm sure my companion, members and investigators will take good care of me today. We are going to have a blast! 


Most importantly, Vicky is getting baptized on Saturday. Please pray for her, that everything work out this time. I know this will bless her life more than anything else ever could, and I'm so excited for that. I have been so blessed to have seen the change in during my time here in Stranraer. 

Thank you all so much for your love and support. 
Love, Elder Cluster


https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment