Wednesday, June 29, 2016

The Sweet Smell of Success, and my Hump Day!

It’s been another incredible week in the Scotland Ireland Mission! This week I hit my year mark… That was fast!! But the absolute best part of this week has been preparing Rachel and Emma for their baptisms this Saturday!



 June 20th
Monday we had one heck of a P-day! We started off by shooting some hoops with Emma, Rachel, Vicky, and Dayna. I showed those Scots what Basketball really is!! #NothinButNet after ball Elder Wilson and I were trying to figure out somewhere exciting to go because we knew we would be losing the car on Saturday. Eventually we agreed to head to the Mull of Galloway. It was a pretty great decision! The Mull of Galloway is the southernmost point of Scotland and on a clear day you can see Ireland, The Isle of Man, and part of England! And believe it or not it was a clear day so we got the full scoop! We also had a good time with the Coo's and cute little Puffins. To end off the night we taught Emma and Rachel about temples, and how that is their next step after they are baptized. They are so excited, and are already asking question about the branch temple trip coming up!  
  




June 21st
Tuesday was Zone Interview Training in Irvine. It was a nice long dive, then a long day of Spiritual enlightenment! As always my favorite part was the departing testimonies of all the dying missionaries. Two of my old companion landed in that mix. Elder Clawson (My Dad) and Elder McFarlane. All together I had four of my old companions with me at the conference! Afterwards we had a peaceful drive home, then slept like a log. 




June 22nd
This morning we saw Emma and Rachel again. We talked a litter more about Temples, then talked about missionary work and went over their baptism plans. A lot of members wouldn't be able to make it up to Ayr and the local swimming pool is all booked out, so we might have it in the Ocean! How cool is that? Pray we don't have another rain storm! Another exciting part of the day was when we traveled to Port William and visited old man Dave. You gotta love Dave!


June 23rd
Today a lot of hectic running all over, but it was a great day none the less! We saw Tia for the first time in a while, she's going to be moving to Stirling soon but I have confidence the missionaries there will finish the job! Dinner was really great. The Branch Presidents family had us and Vicky over, I think it was really good for Vicky to start spending more time with the members. 




 June 24th
Friday we had a great coordination meeting where we were able to iron out some wrinkles for the baptisms. My favorite part of the day was traveling out to Wigtown to do some service for Eric the Buddhist. My job was to make a massive bonfire! I got rid of the equivalent of three trees, so I'd say we did a pretty good job! He also fed us nachos and hash browns... it was a little different from the authentic Netherlands food he usually gives us, but it was all good none the less!  

June 25th
Happy Hump Day to me! It’s crazy to think it’s already been a year. As I burned my shirt at the sea side I reflected on all the experiences I’ve been blessed with on my mission so far. I thought about the people I've been able to serve, and labor to help them return home to our Heavenly Father. I reflected on myself in the MTC and how much I’ve changed to be the person I am today. I'm so grateful for the way my Heavenly Father has shaped me over this past year and I can’t wait to see what the rest of my mission has in store for me. It’s all downhill from here! The momentum starts NOW! On a less positive note the Ayr Elder came down and stole our car because my US license is officially expired for the UK, and then I ate a ridiculously bony fish Martin caught and cooked for me....bless em. 





Jun 26th
Sunday was pretty crazy stuff. The branch president was called out to work and his counselor (The only other priesthood in the branch) was away! Up until the very end of church it was just Elder Wilson and I holding down the fort! It was fun stuff, I felt like my dad! We also had Emma, Rachel, Tia, Eric, and Norman join us so we had a nice big happy group! The second best part of the day was a beautiful roast dinner at the Hanlen’s! 


There it is folks. I'm way excited for everything this week is going to bring. Please pray for Emma and Rachel…. that everything goes perfectly for their baptism on Saturday! This week is also moves call... Anything could happen, so stay tuned!


Love you all!   -Elder Cluster  


No comments:

Post a Comment