Monday, December 7, 2015

Baptism!

This has definitely been one of the craziest, but best weeks of my mission! Buckle up!

Nov. 30th
We had a pretty solid P-day, but the real fun happened afterwards when Eddie had this baptismal interview. Of course he passed with flying colors. He was so excited he threw on his white clothes right then and there!

Dec. 1st
We had two amazing lessons today one with Eddie and one with Gemma! It was Eddie's very last, and one of Gemma's last! It was pretty great teaching both of the mission’s best investigators in one day!

Dec. 2nd
Another perfect day! We got to teach Eddie again and we also had a lesson with a new investigator, 

Dec. 3rd
Probably the greatest day EVER! So much happened, including Eddie's Baptism!!!  I'll just cut straight to it, Eddie’s baptism was perfection. I remember the day I met Eddie, Elder Clawson and I had been GQing for 2 hours in the rain, and had gotten nothing but absolute rejection. We took a breather, and were just about to throw in the towel and go in for lunch, but decided to go hard for another 5 minutes. Eddie was the very next person I talked to! From that day forward he ate up and book of Mormon, and made amazing progress every time we met. He was so ready for the gospel. When his baptism arrived it was one of the most exciting moments of my life. I felt so privileged to get into the water with him all dressed in white. You should have seen the smile on his face as he came up out of the font! He told me to put him back under! He also explained to me how he felt a weight lifted off his shoulders as he walked back out of the fount. It was truly an experience I will treasure for the rest of my life. 




Dec. 4th
We had a BLITZ in Pollock! I was with Elder Buckley and we got lost! We ended up walking for miles, and miles, in the most ridiculous wind and rain I’ve ever seen! I don’t think I’ve ever been that wet in my life..... And I loved it!!!

Dec. 5th
 Another BLITZ, this time in Paisley! We did some Caroling and GQing, the only problem was that the wind and rain still hasn't slowed down.... Now I understand why the Scottish always say “We don’t tan.. We rust!" We also got to do a Nativity play thingme for the primary, I was a Sheppard! 

Dec. 6th
Church was crazy!  Gemma come from Dunoon, Eddie was confirmed, there was a baby blessing, and a child of record baptism! It was a good full day. We also got to have a lesson with Greame and Gemma. Gemma is going to be baptized next Sunday, and is so ready! Move's call is also on Sunday so it'll be a good full day! :)

Well there you have it, all we have to do is keep the ball rolling, and we will see miracle after miracle just like we have been! 

Thank you for your love, prayers and support,

Love Elder Cluster

PS There are a couple new lakes outside the flat. What should we name them??


PSS Mum,I've been loving your advent package! Elder MacFarlane has too! It's the first thing we do every morning :) They are so clever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment