Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Uncle Elder Brycen Cluster & General Conference



This week was a roller-coaster, full of many up and downs. I'll start by talking a little about the downs, so we can get that out of the way and focus on all the amazing ups! The trials of this week mainly consisted of getting dropped by the majority of our investigators. I understand that everyone has their agency, but after sacrificing to bring truths that you know will bring lasting joy and peace to their lives (God's loved children) and then watching them make the decision to walk away from His open arms, can be a difficult thing to see. However we will press forward with faith, not forgetting those who have walked away, but continuing to search for those who are prepared to stay, and enjoy the blessings of the everlasting gospel. 








 On a brighter note, my brother Braden and his wife Kaitlin had their baby. I'M AN UNCLE!!! Wee Graysen is His name... He looks like such a little sweetheart, and I just can't wait to scoop him up in my arms in two months! What a major miracle and blessing to our family! 

Another massive "Up" this week was General Conference! General Conference is like Christmas for missionaries! So far I’ve been able to watch them all  besides the Sunday night session, because that doesn't start till 9pm over here and that's past my bed time... My favorite session would have to be the Priesthood session. I wouldn't be able to choose just one favorite talk, but a couple of my favorites were Yoon Whan Coi, I loved when he talked about looking up and not around when times get tough. In another talk we were reminded to follow the Creator, not the crowed. He even talked about missionaries proselyting out in the rain, I felt like that was something I could really relate too! In the Priesthood Session Henry B. Eyring spoke about how this is the Lord's work, and the only way we can succeed in His work is to rely on Him. And of course we had our beloved Prophet Thomas S Monson. 

Thomas S Monson, spoke about the power of the Book of Mormon.

“We live in a time of great trouble and wickedness. What will protect us from the sin and evil so prevalent in the world today? I maintain that a strong testimony of our Savior, Jesus Christ, and of His gospel will help see us through to safety. If you are not reading the Book of Mormon each day, please do so. If you will read it prayerfully and with a sincere desire to know the truth, the Holy Ghost will manifest its truth to you. If it is true—and I solemnly testify that it is—then Joseph Smith was a prophet who saw God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. 
Because the Book of Mormon is true, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord’s Church on the earth, and the holy priesthood of God has been restored for the benefit and blessing of His children. If you do not have a firm testimony of these things, do that which is necessary to obtain one. It is essential for you to have your own testimony in these difficult times, for the testimonies of others will carry you only so far. …My dear associates in the work of the Lord; I implore each of us to prayerfully study and ponder the Book of Mormon each day. As we do so, we will be in a position to hear the voice of the Spirit, to resist temptation, to overcome doubt and fear, and to receive heaven’s help in our lives.”


I know that as we follow the words of our heavenly servants in General Conference our lives will be blessed and we will be brought closer to the Savoir, aligning His plans, with ours. 

 Love, Elder Uncle Brycen Cluster

No comments:

Post a Comment