Wednesday, April 12, 2017

P-day in Caves and Sunshine in Mullingar

The Lord must be smiling down on Mullingar, because I'm pretty sure we've gotten more sun this week than I have the rest of my mission put together! That being said we still got our fair share of rain too!


This week was full of fun and jam packed with learning experiences. On Monday we had a great P-day spelunking the caves of Keash down in Sligo. Apart from some of the massive spiders we ran into, the place was absolutely beautiful! One of my favorite parts was looking at the green rolling hills and seeing all of the baby sheep leaping around and playing with each other. At first I thought it was the sun making my heart melt, but nope, it was the cute little sheepy's! 



Monday night and all of Tuesday was spent in Sligo for exchanges. We did finding all day Tuesday but it was actually a lot of fun! Sligo is full of foreigners, Mostly Africans, Ukrainians, and Germans. Good chunks of the people in Sligo are refugees, it was nice to get away from all the grumpy Irish in Mullingar and talk to someone a little more humble.



The rest of the week in went quite well, the work is coming slowly but surely. President Monson said; "Persistence is the only thing that pays" So I'm going to hold him to that and I know we will be blessed! One of my favorite parts of the week was when we finally got to watch the Sunday night session of General Conference. That had to be my favorite session; I think it even beat out the Priesthood session this year! My favorite talk was by Elder Palmer of the 70's. He focus on Matthew chapter 10 "And Jesus beholding him, LOVED HIM" God asks us to do a lot of hard things, and we don't always understand why He would allow us to have the trials we face, or even ask us to keep all of His commandments. But one thing I know with a surety is that everything God asks us to do, He does out of love and because He wants to bless our lives. He loves us, so He cares what we become.  

I hope each of you have an amazing week and continue to Remember the Savior during this special Easter season!       

  Love, Elder Brycen Cluster                                                                                             

 If you are not reading the Book of Mormon each day, please do so. If you will read it prayerfully and with a sincere desire to know the truth, the Holy Ghost will manifest its truth to you. If it is true—and I solemnly testify that it is—then Joseph Smith was a prophet who saw God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ.


"Stand up inside & be all in"

No comments:

Post a Comment