Monday, February 27, 2017

P-Day, Stake Conference, and Mini Missionaries

This week has been Top Notch! 


As you know, on Saturday of last week we got our mini missionaries, I was paired with Elder McCarthy from Cork. It was a major blessing serving with someone who is so new to the church and has such a desire to serve God. 

Our week together went something like this;

Sunday: We had Stake conference in good Ole Dublin and got to hear from Elder Mendosa of The Seventies from Spain. 

Monday: On Monday we traveled down to Sligo and had and amazing P-day inside and beautiful canon. We had a lot of fun swinging on vines; I was the spitting image of Tarzan! Later on we took a peaceful walk along the beach, wouldn't trade those times for anything! 




Tuesday: We had a great district meeting where we focused on these three questions. What lack I yet? What must I do? Or what am I willing to do?
Therefore what? I would recommend asking yourself these questions. It was something that really helped me to figure out where I am and where I want to be. Heavenly Father will show us the way to get there if we are genuine and willing to make a change. 

Wednesday: Wednesday was filled with classic chapping, and ended with a life changing visit to the chiropractor!

Thursday: We had a lot of really great lessons on Thursday; the first was with Gary and Charlotte. As always we had a wonderful time with them! On Thursday I had a lot fun playing with their cute little baby Rosie! she is the sweetest little babe in town! It made my heart melt. Charlotte is progressing so well and everything is looking good for her baptism this Saturday. We are actually going to go see them right away after this email! Later we had a heartbreaking lesson with a heroin addict. It was a very humbling experience to say the least. The state of this women was something I have seen only a very few times in my life, and something you would only expect to see in a scary movie. Yet I felt a fraction of the love our Heavenly Father has for her. I understood in that moment that every soul truly is precious in the eye's of God. His love is perfect, and every living thing can be healed through the atoning sacrifice of our Savior, Jesus Christ. 

Friday: Friday was pretty stellar, for the first half of the way I went on splits with the other mini missionary Elder King, we had a grand time dancing up to people's doors while we were chapping!  

Saturday: On Saturday morning our two young lads were off, back to Dublin and Cork. They grow up so fast!! Later that day we traveled down to Athlone and had a lesson with Robert, then finished the night with a solid dinner appointment!

Sunday: Sunday we got an unbelievable amount of rain, but there was sunshine in my soul when Robert, Patrick, and Charlotte all joined us at church! We had a great sacrament meeting focused on Joseph Smith and the Restoration that I really enjoyed too! 

Well Folks, that about sums up my week. I love and miss each of you. Thank you for your love and prayers! 


Love, Elder Brycen Cluster

May we press forward with a steadfastness in Christ having a perfect brightness of hope, til our work is done! (2 Nephi 32:20



No comments:

Post a Comment