Wednesday, February 8, 2017

I Believe in Christ. He is my Savior and Redeemer.

It’s been another exciting and eventful week in the vineyard of the Lord.

The main events were:

P-day: We mostly just slept this time. We really needed it. It was probably the best three hour nap of my life.


Tuesday we did some solid work then drove up with the Sligo Elder's and spent the night in Dublin with a couple of my missionary buddies from back in the good old days in Aberdeen.

Wednesday morning we were off to the Stake Centre for an All Ireland Conference with Elder Johnson on the Seventy's. The main focus of the conference was learning how to become most effective with the new changes in the Missionary Schedule and Key Indicators. I'm pretty sure He was just winging it with the spirit most of the time but that made it even better! One of my favorite parts was a musical number given by a senior couple named the Angels. I'm not sure what song they even did but that brought in spirit in strong. We are sure blessed with some amazing leaders in this mission. After our conference I witnessed a little miracle. There in the parking lot of the stake centre and a new Hyundai with our name on it just like President promised! You should have seen the smile on my face when I hopped behind the wheel of that lush swaggin' waggin. Driving through the traffic of Dublin during rush hour was a little less exciting, but we arrived to our flat safe and sound just in time for me to make my Garda appointment. (The Garda is the Irish Police) I had to sign up for what we call a Garda Card so that I don't get deported. That asked me lots of questions and took my fingerprints and what not, It was pretty fun and exciting! I passed!


Some other big hits of this week were service and a lesson with Gary and Charlotte. The lesson went really well too, she's really coming along! Our service was taking down some trees. That was fun!  Now that we have a car we should be able to start seeing that twice a week too, that's going to make a huge difference!


And then of course you have testimony meeting Sunday. There may not be many members in our little branch in Mullingar, but the members we do have, sure have a solid testimony! There wasn't more than a couple of second of silence where someone wasn't bearing powerful testimony. I contributed my testimony with those of Mullingar Ireland. I Believe in Christ. He is my Savior and Redeemer. Through His Atonement I will live with my Father in Heaven along with my friends and family for all Eternity in a state of never ending happiness. How grateful I am for this knowledge and the opportunity I have to serve God by sharing it with others. 


I close with words from the Doctrine and Covenants: “Call upon the Lord, that his kingdom may go forth upon the earth, that the inhabitants thereof may receive it, and be prepared for the days to come, in the which the Son of Man shall come down [from] heaven, clothed in the brightness of his glory, to meet the kingdom of God … on the earth.”

With love and gratitude to each one of you,
Elder Brycen Cluster            
                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment