Monday, November 28, 2016

Aberdreamin'

It’s been a very cold and rather frustrating week here in Aberdeen. All in all it was still jam packed with blessings. I might have not been able to stuff my face with Turkey, but my heart was still filled with Thanksgiving!

Monday was a pretty exciting P-day, we went mini golfing with all the other missionaries in Aberdeen. It was pretty intense, I started out strong but still ended up getting in last place (Just wanted to make the other missionaries feel better) #TookOneForTheTeam I still felt like the winner when I found an American quarter on the ground! It was a good laugh watching all the American missionaries pass it around with wide eyes like we had just struck gold! Something exciting in Aberdeen has been the Christmas market. They've got it all in the Christmas market! A Christmas tree maze, rides, food stands and more food stands, and of course, a ridiculous amount of drinking.
Something that's not very exciting about Aberdeen is that I found out it that it is the most atheist city in the UK. Money makes pride, pride teaches us to forget God. But don't worry; we'll put the real spirit of Christmas in them this year! On American Thanksgiving I had a classic Scottish meal (Neeps and Taties) with a member who apparently can’t stand Americans... that was awkward. But we made up for it on Saturday when some members and the missionaries all got together and had a good plate of Turkey, Mash, and some apple pie! What a blessing! However I'd have to say that the biggest and best blessing I recognized this week was one of my investigators in Starnraer, Emma was baptized on Saturday. I originally taught Emma, and was supposed to baptize her while I was in Stranraer, but a lot of family issues suddenly popped up. However with much prayer and continued dedication from the other missionaries serving in Stranraer, she has now entered the waters of baptism nearly a year and a half later.
I am so thankful for the plan that God has for each of us. I am so thankful that he can help us to see the bigger picture, even when things don't seem to be going right. I'm so very thankful for my family; they are incredible and have always been the greatest blessing in my life. I am thankful for my friends, for genuine people whom I can learn, laugh, and grow with. And most of all I am thankful for the my Savoir, Redeemer, and Friend Jesus Christ who made an atoning sacrifice for me that I may live with my family Forever. I know He loves us and is always with us.                                                                  

I have only just a minute,

Only sixty seconds in it.
Forced upon me, can't refuse it.
Didn't seek it, didn't choose it.
But it's up to me to use it,
I must suffer if I lose it,
Give account if I abuse it.
Just a tiny little minute,
But eternity is in it.
(Anonymous)


Love, Elder Brycen Cluster

No comments:

Post a Comment