Monday, October 3, 2016

Moves Call, Moves Planning, Moves, and the Flu.

My family and friends!! I'll be completely honest with you, I'm almost out of time and I kind of just want to explore the Isle of Arran before the weather changes and we find ourselves in a monsoon again. But I’ll sum up the last couple of weeks for you with a couple of power statements! 
1. Moves call... That was something crazy! I got the call to serve with one of my good buddies Elder White, but when we found out that neither of us could currently drive in the UK they made a switcharoo and hooked me up with another South African named Elder Thomson, and asked me to train him how to be a Zone Leader. I'm still just trying to figure that junk out of myself so this is going to be an interesting transfer. Also I think I’m starting to get quite the strange accent being with a South African 24/7 and constantly speaking to Scots! 

2. Moves planning is harsh. On Monday we sat at the computer from 7am to 6pm on a spreadsheet with all the ZL's in the mission figuring out what Trains, Planes, Busses, Trams, and Ferries we would need to get in order to get everyone to their new areas! It was a struggle to say the least, but was nothing compared to the moves day itself. I got the Flu and felt like I got hit by a bus and still had to spend the day (and a good chunk of the rest of the week) driving all over Scotland trying to get new missionaries safe and sound into their new areas! Oh yeah, Elder Wilson also had a car fall on his foot. That slowed us down a bit! 
3. I ate a lot of fantastic food this week! My two favorites was the Haggis I had with the Easton Family, and the other was a burrito I got in Glasgow. That is probably one of the only Mexican restaurants in all of Scotland. It still didn't taste like a real burrito but I’ll take whatever I can get! 


4. Last but definitely not least was general conference! General Conference is just like Christmas for missionaries!! My favorites were Elder Uchtdorf and Elder Oaks. Dallin H Oaks was going powerhouse on missionary work! You can just look into the eyes of these amazing men and women and see a light. They've got something special. They are called of God! 

Well that about sums it up. I love you all so much! I am especially grateful for your prayers, they are heard and the Lord blesses me every day. Now it’s time for some hard core adventures!!! P-Day is a great break for us! Talk to you in a week!
Love, Elder Cluster


No comments:

Post a Comment