Sunday, October 23, 2016

All ScotlandConference, ZLC, and A Castle!

This week Elder Thomson and I were able to spend extra time working with a lot of amazing missionaries. We are very blessed with all the missionaries in the Zone and their fantastic examples, along with every missionary in Scotland that we got to see on Thursday! We are truly unified in this great work. I also had the major blessing of getting to see Sain and the Easton families grow in the Gospel and make some major steps towards their Baptisms!
                                                 
Oct 10th
Monday was absolutely beautiful! We quickly changed and ran out to the ferry for our journey to the Isle of Arran! We arrived right on time… Just in time to find out that we need to get there 20 minutes early to get on. So there we sat watching our ferry sail out to the lands we so desperately dreamed of for the past three weeks. (Today is ridiculously grey and wet, but you better believe we'll be on that ferry!!) So instead of exploring the Island we went out to my favorite castle wall and relaxed on the top of it contemplating the beautiful things of life. I could have stayed up there forever, but instead we came home and hit the streets teaching everyone about Jesus! 

Oct. 11th
Today we had a Zone Leadership Training where we got to instruct and counsel all the District Leaders in the Zone about how we were going to meet all our new goals and recognize all of God's miracles in our work. I would say the two main points were Faith, and learning how to work with members to the fullest! After our meeting, I went on exchange with a new missionary Elder Stevenson. All of the appointments we had set for the day kept getting pushed back until everyone wanted to see us at the same time. So we told them all to meet us at the church where we taught a class about the restoration with three investigators and two recent converts. It was pretty legendary. 
Add caption

Oct. 12th
Wednesday morning we drove the Johnston Elders home and used their shower because ours is flooding out our downstairs neighbor. Next we met up with a new investigator in a little cafe next to the Dundonald Castle; we got some sweet chicken noodle soup! Later on in the day we were getting ready to see the Easton’s when our joint teacher canceled on us. As we were frantically trying to find someone who could join us I got a call from a random number. It was my favorite English missionary Elder Gates and he was in Irvine! He was thrilled to help us out with our teaching. What a blessing. What a legend! We finished up the night by conducting a baptismal interview in Paisley. 

Oct. 13th
Thursday was a painfully early trip and long drive to Edinburgh for an All Scotland Conference. It was all worth it when we arrived. It was an amazing conference with a very powerful spirit. I must say though, the best part was when Elder Thomson and I got to instruct every Missionary in the Country on conversion. When the meeting was all finished up we grabbed the Stranraer Elders and started our journey back home. On the way back I got the most incredible chicken burger from KFC! I know KFC started in Utah, but the KFC in Great Britain is so much better! The only thing that could have made is better would have been a cold glass of Root Beer! Then we closed the night by teaching a lesson to a group at the church!

Oct. 14th
One of the greatest parts about Friday was the lunch we had with my favorite old lady. She is super sweet, and loves Jesus more than anyone I've ever known!! Another Great blessing was teaching the Easton family about the life of Jesus Christ, little Andrea is really starting to get it. I sure hope they make their baptismal date for October 29th!

Oct. 15th
Friday was made up of running around Glasgow helping a couple of our missionaries move into their new flat. After we finished up with all the silly monkey work, we met up with the sister missionaries in the area and went crazy on the town with family history pamphlets! We are going to baptize so many old folk! Today we also taught Sian the law of Chastity. She's committed, can't wait for her baptism at the end of the month! #KingdomBuilder

Oct. 16th
Sundays are always great. Both the Easton’s and Sian had a great experience. It was so nice seeing them there! Partaking of the sacrament next to your investigators is always very rewarding. I love it! The rest of Sunday wasn't anything to special. I had some pretty kick butt spaghetti, which was a good experience! 

Thank you so much for all of your prayers this week,specially the ones for the Easton’s and Sian. I am very grateful for that! Never forget how present God is in our lives. As we build our faith we will recognize his miracles. The Lord has said, “For behold, I am God; and I am a God of miracles; and I will show unto the world that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and I work not among the children of men save it be according to their faith.” (2 Ne 27:23).  “And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done. “And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me?” (1 Ne 17: 50-51).

Love you!
Elder Brycen Cluster


No comments:

Post a Comment