Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Warm Weather in Scotland? I Must Be Dreaming!

Hello everyone! It’s been a grand week of teaching and sunshine! Buckle up and enjoy the ride!
May 9th
P-day was pretty much perfect! It was fairly warm and sunny so we decided to make the most of the good weather and go on a little beach tour! We made it to a place called Sandhead and back over to Port Logan. It felt amazing to get my toes in the sand! We also stumbled across this majestic secret garden, I felt like I was in the Amazon all of a sudden and surrounded by all these tropical plants! It was a great place for pondering! We finished P-day off with our good Czech friend Martin who made us a cabbage soup and Wiener schnitzel made of lion steak! Wiener schnitzel is a beautiful thing...


May 10th
District meeting went great today; we focused on getting people to church and set lots of goals for the month. After DM we got some Burger King and I remembered how pathetic fast food is here.... The rest of the night was spent chapping doors.


May 11th
Wednesday morning we had a lesson with Kevin. We read the book of Enos with him and talked about the power of prayer and repentance, and then he told us he couldn't come to church for the next four weeks... We probably won’t be seeing much of him for a while. One of my main highlights of the week was went we went to a small town called Wigtown and visited our less active Buddhist friend! It was awesome; he had all the fun statues and cool crystals and everything! I want to meditate with him before I leave this area!! It was fun to drink his water; it had all these fancy rocks in it! We are actually going back to do some service with him today. He is from the Netherlands and always speaks Dutch to his French Bull dog! He said he's even made us some authentic foods! I just hope it’s nothing that will melt my face off! Last but not least, I met a dog today with my same Birthday! What a good pup.

 


May 12th
Today we had coordination meeting, had a couple lessons fall through, and then ate Haggis lasagna at the branch presidents! After that we helped someone move, I'm not gonna lie, it was pretty nasty! We didn't have time to change into our service clothes so we went in shirts and ties and I ended up getting a bunch of weird smelly slime all over me. I went straight home and showered after that! We did get a pretty nice bench press and a bunch of weights out of it though! After I got all cleaned up Campbell officially dropped us over the phone. It was a real shame, but he'll get there someday, it just isn't his time yet I guess. We ended the night at this fun little youth activity playing badminton. I've decided that I need to be on a professional badminton team someday!
 
Elder Cluster's 1st Vision
Sacred Scottish Grove
May 13th
Friday the 13th... I was a little nervous become we had a couple important lessons today. But the spirit was strong and we didn't have any Freaky Fridays! First was our lesson with Emma, we taught the Restoration and everything was grand. She still won't commit to a baptismal date but we've definitely got her thinking! A couple hours later we met up with Tia, and taught the Restoration again! This lesson went perfectly. She felt the spirit and set a goal to be baptized on June 11th! Another exciting moment today was Dinner at the Hanlens, a nice juicy steak! I was just lovin' life!

May 14th
We got weekly planning out of the way then went down to Port William to see our friend Dave. He was just leaving the house to walk the dogs when we pulled up. We talked him in to letting us come along and had a nice little hike with him along the country side, which is really just his back yard. We hopped in the car to go to our next appointment and realized we had a tire as flat as a pancake! We got our hands (and everything else) dirty and changed it ourselves with the spare. My Pops should be proud! On the way back this taxi in front of us hit a pigeon, I don't think I've ever seen so many feathers in my life! It was just one massive Puff! Right before bed I also got a phone call that I'd be getting a new team in my district Monday (Today) Elder Gates (my old Zone Leader) and Elder Harman (My old Comp/district leader) it’ll be weird having them both in my district, but I can’t wait!



May 15th
Sunday was a grand time, we didn't have as many friends at church as we thought we would, but we had Tia and my favorite less active! That's her officially reactivated now too. It made my day; she's made such a change! We had another little miracle today. We were chapping on some doors when we got a phone call from a potential investigators friend named Suzy. She told us she was looking for a church, had lots of questions, and wanted to meet up sometime! How do ya like them apples!? Prayers answered, every time.

I've definitely seen Gods love for me through this week. He knows my goals and has his hand in his work that we are doing here. I know with faith we will continue to see miracles and new success!

Love you all,
 -Elder Cluster







No comments:

Post a Comment