Friday, May 13, 2016

My Amazing Mum / Mothers Day Skype

It’s been another hectic week of traveling, teaching, and adventures but the very best part was when I got to Skype my family on mother’s day. 
May 2nd
P-day was a blast this week! It was a back holiday and the library was closed so we went to the Mcleans and did a bit of emailing on their I-pads. Nancy Mclean even made me some French toast! That was my first time in a year! I think it just made me trunky for my dad’s French toast on thick duck bread though. After all of those shenanigans Elder Wilson and I went on an adventure down to a place call Port Logan. It was ridiculously windy so we were the only ones around which made it even more exciting. We also went to some botanic Gardens and chased around pheasants. There are so many pheasants in Stranraer it’s not even funny. 

May 3rd
Tuesday morning we traveled down to the ferry for Ireland and made sure a group of missionaries made it on alright. One of them was my old companion Elder Harman! It was nice to see him again, what a kid! Afterwards was a lot of finding, then a long drive to Killmarnock to spend the night for an All Scotland Conference the next morning in Edinburgh. 

May 4th
Wednesday was madness! But it was a lot of spiritual madness so it was okay. We were up at 4am and I was driving down to Pollock with the Killmarnock Elders to pick up another missionary. It was a long drive and the traffic was nuts but we made it! And then it was off to the mission home in Edinburgh. We arrived at about 9am and had and amazing conference with every missionary in Scotland till 4pm. It was perfect, I learned so much and the spirit was so strong the whole time. My favorite part was getting to hear the testimony of every missionary going home at the end of this transfer. They all talked about how the mission fly's by so fast and that we need to make the most of it! After the conference we drove back through Glasgow and dropped off the Pollock Elders, then to Killmarnock to drop some more kids off, and then it was a long drive home to Stranraer. We didn’t get home till past 10pm! Talk about road trippin it! We did it all without dinner too...

May 5th
May the 5th be with you... I slept like a log last night! However I was still a zombie and can’t really remember much of what happened today. I know we tried to teach Kevin and had dinner at the Branch Presidents home, but that about it! Maybe it will come back to me later.

May 6th
This morning we were talking to folk in the Town Centre and ran into a recent convert and a new investigator! We had a good chat with them and decided to get some lunch in a café and then had a really good lesson on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We invited her to be baptized but couldn't get a straight answer. We'll keep praying for her and see what happens. We also got to teach James and Amy about Jesus Christ today. Once they fully understand his role and importance in our lives it'll be smooth sailing!

May 7th
Today I woke up and felt like my throat was on fire.... besides that Saturday was wonderful. It started out with a less active visit that made us Scottish breakfast roles with haggis! It was delish! The lesson was fantastic too! After that was Kevin, we taught him about Tithing and fast offerings. The lesson went well but afterwards he talk us that he wouldn't be able to come to church for the next four weeks!! That’s a problem. I'm afraid Kevin's gonna need some time... We had a few other lessons fall through today but ended up at Martin's eating some weird soup made out of black pudding. It looked like some kind of black sludge with a smell to match the picture, but was probably the best soup I've ever had!   


May 8th
It’s Mothers Day! Everything about to day was perfect. Besides loosing completely my voice.... you should have heard me trying to teach gospel principals! It was a good thing I had my companion there to translate! Church was great, we had one investigator named Tia and our less active friend join us. It was sad to not have Martin, Campbell, or Kevin join us but we were grateful for everyone who did make it!

I was so happy when the moment finally rolled around that I was able to Skype my family. I prayed that everything would work out and as soon as I saw my Mum on the computer screen, I got my voice back! It was a complete miracle. I am so blessed to have such an amazing family. I loved every second I got to spend talking to them! Especially my Mum, I know I wouldn't be here on my mission today without the example she has been to me. By watching the way my Mum has lead her life it’s made my testimony grow even more! She deserved a perfect Mothers Day.

I hope you all had a week as grand as mine, and I hope you got to spend some of it with your families. They're the best things we got! Love you all ~ Elder Cluster

A Cute Highland Coo




No comments:

Post a Comment