Sunday, July 12, 2015

The MTC

6-25-15
HOLY MOLEY!! This place is amazing, there is soooooo much to talk about and little time! So ill just dive in!

I got my companions!! I'm the only companionship in a tri-o! Elder Green and Elder Oxspring (both from Arizona) they are pretty great! This day was pretty relaxing, we mostly just got to relax and settle into our rooms! My companions and I got our own room, so we actually have a ton of space! It’s way nice! And you should see the view from my window!

6-26-15
       Today was the first real day at the MTC! It was a TON of work and studying! We seemed to do a bit of everything though! The main topic today was the mission purpose! It was a pretty good topic. ;) We are able to do some role playing which can be humbling, and is a great way to learn! I'm sure it’s still easier than how it’ll be in the mission field! It hasn’t stopped raining very many times since we've gotten here. It’s great!! I kept falling asleep in lessons! I'm terribly jet lagged!! It's really weird but I feel like I’ve know a lot of the missionaries here my whole life! They are all really friendly though! It's really hard not to flirt with some of the sisters!

6-27-15
       Today was great!! They gave us root beer at dinner!! The food is really good here; I’ve been able to try a lot of new foods already! I’ve had some weird deep fried shrimp things, some English candy bars, crumpets, and their pizza is different! I’ve liked everything I’ve tried so far. I’ve even heard haggis is good!!
      My district is really great; I hope my first district in the field is as amazing as this one! Sometimes they are so funny I actually wonder if we are allowed to laugh so hard!

MY DISTRICT
·    Sister Tenny (won’t stop smiling)
·    Sister Hofrel (from Austria)
·    Elder Cluster (really good looking)
·    Elder McCappin (from Australia)
·    Elder Oxspring (companion)
·    Elder Green (companion)
·    Elder Bradshow (cowboy)
Sister Hofrel and Elder McCappin are my favorites! Sister Hofrels name is really hard to say, and elder McCappin is freaking hilarious! Sister Hofrel is struggling with her English but she’s getting it! All of us are going to make great missionaries! It’s crazy how much some of these guys know! You realize you don’t know a lot about the gospel until you hit the MTC! I think I’m learning fast though, the spirit and really easy to feel here and that helps!
    Last but not least I was playing ultimate Frisbee today and messed up my leg pretty bad! The grass is really slippery because it’s always wet! Oh yeah and I got sick!

6-28-15
     Yay for Sunday!! Sundays are nice; we were able to have sacrament and priesthood right here at the MTC. Some of the missionaries were even assigned talks! Boy am I glad I wasn’t one of those!
 Tried some new foods again today! I can never remember the names of the dishes though!
      We were able to do some more exploring outside as well, dang this place is Beautiful! They even let us do some companion and district study outside today!
They keep you so busy at this place! Now I know why Braden calls it spiritual boot camp! They make you rush from place to place, and if you stop and think about where you need to be, you’re already late! I guess that’s a good thing though!
      I've never been this tired in my life! Ever since I hopped of that plane I’ve been dead inside!

6-29-15
      Today was even better than yesterday! I was very impressed with the food today, something I love about this place is that lunch is always as extensive as dinner! However, I let Elder McCappin convince me of taking a bite of his toast, it had some Australian spread called vegemite on it and it was so terrible!! And was some kind of meat flavored salt spread! If I could describe Elder McCappin in one work it would be ridiculous! He probably wouldn’t be half as funny without his Australian accent though!
      My leg is feeling a little bit better, it was hard not being able to really give it my best effort during ultimate Frisbee today!
Even though we are so crazy busy I absolutely love it here! Sometimes I get sad just thinking about leaving this place. The food and all the people here are amazing. I truly believe that these are going to be some of the best days of my life! The environment here alone as helped my knowledge and testimony grow like a wild fire! Being this busy has made time fly by like crazy, but I feel like I just got here!

6-30-15
      The food like always was great! For lunch we got two foot long hot dogs! And during dinner I found out the Elder McCappin doesn’t chew his food! And he eats a ton! He ate three plates in the time it took me to eat about half of mine!
      Today was actually pretty warm! I mean probably nothing compared to what you guys are getting, but it was a nice change! Today was the first time I saw blue sky since I got here too!

Running out of time for this email :(

7-1-15
      Today, P-Day, So far it’s been wonderful! I like p-days ;) The day started with a trip to the temple! The temple is like a two minutes walk from the MTC. It was a great experience and a real testimony builder. It is a really small temple but is sooo beautiful! After that we went to Asda (a fancy Wal-Mart type store) I didn’t really buy anything but I did get some English chocolate. They have really good chocolate....
   And that pretty much brings us to now!!

Well times up! I love you all so much! Thanks for all the support, I miss you!!!

P.S. this place is weird. The sun rises a little before 4AM and sets.... well I’m not really sure when it sets because I’m always in bed by then, so sometime after 10:30 PM!! Crazy right!?!

P.P.S. Don’t expect all of the emails to be this long!

Love,
Elder Brycen Cluster
 
Elder McCappin

Elder Green and Elder Oxspring

Preston England Temple
The entire MTC group





No comments:

Post a Comment