Monday, July 13, 2015

Scotland the Brave (Greenock)

Wednesday 7-1-15
This was a crazy busy day, but one of the best days of my life. In short we were having an unplanned district meeting. I was prompted to share my testimony out of nowhere, it was really strong. Than out of nowhere the rest of my district started bearing there testimonies & before you knew it we were all crying like little girls! I've have never felt the Spirit the strong in all my life.

Thursday 7-2-15
We went into town to do some street contacting for the first time!! I sat next to this lady on the bus and she was really nice! I was able to tell her a lot about the church and even made sure she had a pass along card! But as soon as I got off the train everyone was super rude.... the very first person I went up to laughed and said "don't bother!" Don’t worry I'm staying confident! ;)

Friday 7-3-15
All the Elders think I’m the funniest guy around for some reason! Today they made an "Elder Cluster quote book" I'm glad I’m able to lighten the mood here a little! Today was crazy windy! (Still no sign of sun)

Saturday 7-4-15
Fourth of July!! I was feeling pretty sad and trunky about this day... but that all changed when I went down for dinner and saw the lunch room decked out in USA decorations! It was awesome!! We had hamburgers and... wait for it........ Root-Beer!!! The chef here is the best! He even made an American flag cake! We all gathered around it and sang the anthem! The English folk looked super grumpy for some reason.

Sunday 7-5-15
Fast Sunday! Fasting as a missionary is rough... But the sacrament meeting was awesome, I was lucky to be able to fit in my testimony because there wasn't a single spare moment! 
   
Today was a really important and historic day for the MTC. No one had ever cleared out all the food in the MTC before, and we took on the challenge. The Australian gave a big speech, and then we went to war. The Chicken and Potatoes were the enemy. There seemed to be no end. But somehow we won the battle and got it all down! Everyone was so sick that night!! I hate to say it, but the food won the war in our stomachs! President took our picture and said he was making a plaque to mark our victory! 

Monday 7-6-15
Second to the last day at the MTC, pretty busy day! Did a ton of practice teaching!

Tuesday 7-7-15
Last Day at the MTC... It was the busiest and one of the most important day we had! We rush from spot to spot going to "Break Out Sessions" The best part of the night was when we went to the temple. We left at 7:30, and we ended up staying there till 10pm. It was an amazing experience. It's hard to think that I won’t be going to the temple for two years! We did a lot of sad goodbyes, then packed and packed. Didn’t end up getting to bed till 1:30am!

Wednesday 7-8-15
Into the Mission Field! We got up at 4:20am and hit the road! It was the most scenic drive of my life! I loved every bit of it! Besides when the ATM machine ate my debit card! 5 hours later we arrived at the mission home in Edinburgh. The first thing we did when we got there was a hike to the top of Pratt’s Hill. Pratt was the first missionary in Scotland; he promised the Lord on that mountain that he would baptize 200. We all prayed and set our own goals with the Lord. Then got together and sang "High on a Mountain top" it was nothing short of amazing. As soon as we finished singing a big storm hit! Intense winds and snow/rain stuff! It was Awesome! 

When we arrived back to the mission home we were interviewed by President Donaldson and  were assigned our companions and Areas! "Elder Cluster with Elder Clawson in Greenock Scotland"
 
We got on a train and made it to our flat that night. It's bigger than I expected, which isn’t really saying much! It smells kinda funny though... This town is ridiculously old! I like it! There are like ten different churches on out street and ours isn’t one of them! It seems like there are more churches than houses around here!

Thursday 7-9-15
First real day in the field! We did a ton of tracting and street contacting. That didn’t seem to go anywhere... it was nice to see the area though!

Friday 7-10-15
Today we helped a new member move into the branch, he a super nice guy and his new house is amazing! It has a great view of the Clide!

Saturday 7-11-15
Everyone was probably out getting free slurpies today! They don’t even have them here... It was a good day though, got to work with a really awesome investigator family!

Sunday 7-12-15
First Sunday in the branch! The branch here is really small, but I plan on fixing that! There may not be many members, but the members we do have are awesome! (There were only like 18 people at church...) We teach the gospel principals class here, it was pretty great! After church we visited a less active lady with cancer and we got to give her a blessing!

Monday 7-13-15
So far today's been great. J



I've really enjoyed the area so far! Even if I can’t understand 90% of people! Something crazy about this place is that it’s always light outside! From like 4am to 12am or something weird! This is supposed to be the second rainiest area in Europe! It must be true because it’s rained everyday since I’ve gotten here! It’s crazy cold too! 

Out of time but I love and miss you all!!

Love,
Elder Cluster

Where are my friends? E-mail me dang it!


New Address

Elder Brycen Cluster
17/1 Ardgowon Square
Greenock Scotland
PA168NH





 












1 comment:

  1. Awesome to read his great letter!! Pres Broadbent is just laughing at the comment of it being cold - he said - Just Wait!!

    ReplyDelete