Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Ireland's Call

Sorry it’s been awhile since I've made one of these big emails! So much has happened in the last couple of weeks! I'll cover as much as I can.

Things got interesting on New Year’s Day when I got a Call from President saying that he had to move some people around in the middle of the transfer, and that he needed me in the Republic of Ireland. It’s a small town right in the middle of the country called Mullingar.


Traveling there was a nightmare to say the least. I was supposed to leave Monday at 4:00AM, but we couldn't figure out how to get into the bus station to save our lives and ended up missing our bus. So for all of Monday and Tuesday I was in a trio with Elder Parsons and my replacement Elder Oxspring (He was my MTC Comp.) We finally got a another bus Wednesday morning that took me down to Glasgow, then to my sweet town of Stranraer, where I caught the long ferry ride over to Belfast Ireland. The Ferry was definitely the best part of it all! It was all fancy! I just sat outside and enjoyed the scenery and sunset.



The ferry docked at Belfast, and we caught another bus to Dublin. We finally arrived there at 9:30PM and spent the night with some other missionaries. I also got to meet my new companion Elder Schmidt (Son of Jon Schmidt.)  Elder Schmidt  is a champion!  I've only spent a few days with him and we are already way close. We have loads in common! I think we are going to have a really good transfer together.  


Thursday morning we caught the train to our area (Mullingar.) We’ve been working really hard!! The Branch seems cool; I'm in a biking area so that’s nice too! I need to get back into shape.... It’s possible I could finish my mission here. We'll see!


Elder Schmidt and I are determined to get this area on fire and to baptize this transfer; I know we can do it with God’s help! Ireland is so different from Scotland. I am back to not understanding a word anyone is saying, and trying my best to get to know the area and Irish lingo! I also found out that the Irish are just as crazy as the Scottish. I’ve had a lot of wild experience here already! But that will be a story for another time. 

             
There have been so many big changes for me, but with change come new starts and new opportunities. I'm excited to see what this new chapter has in store for me. I know that God will lead the way and guide our every step as we learn to humble ourselves, and rely on Him.

I love you all, and am so grateful for your thoughts and prayers!
Love, Elder Cluster












No comments:

Post a Comment