Wednesday, July 20, 2016

And the Ball Starts Rolling

I'm happy to report this week’s better than the last! To be honest, there still wasn't loads of excitement, but we managed to do lots of little things that I know will bring great things to pass!


July 11th
Also known as 7/11, I was trunky all day thinking about all the free Slurpee's happening in Utah. They don't even use ice here, let alone sell Slurpee's! I'm going to get fat off of those things the first week I'm back! All in all it was a pretty boring P-day, Dalkeith doesn't have much to do, and by the time we get everywhere with the buses and get everything done, there isn't time to do anything anyway! The highlight of the day, and one of the highlights of the week was a lesson we had with our investigators Josie and Jonathan. We taught them the Gospel of Jesus Christ and committed Jonathan to be baptized August 6th! He was so excited! His Mum told us that he spent the rest of the day praying, what a champ!


July 12th
Tuesday morning was epic. We had a Zone Leader Ship Conference in Edinburgh, and then got the whole Zone together for a massive District meeting! It was all centered on the Atonement. The spirit was so strong, everyone was in tears! Probably one of the greatest meetings I've ever had! One of the best parts was when I instructed on getting motivated with one of my best friends on the mission, Elder Tullis. We threw it down had had everyone jumping up and down, stoked to do the work! We filled the rest of the day with some solid finding.



July 13th
Today was pretty rough to be honest.... We did finding all day long and ran into nothing but grumpy old people! We'll see if they're set in their ways in spirit prison! The fun part of the day was this Addiction Recovery Program we help with at the church. It’s the churches 12 step program and in this lesson we focused on Truth. Everyone we talk to needs to start doing to this class.


July 14th
Alright today was probably the craziest day of the week. We started by just walking around the town Centre and talking to everyone, when all of a sudden we get a phone call from this potential named Mikey that Elder Crockett and his old companion had found. He sounded like a real nice fella so we set up an appointment to see him on Saturday. He called back about five minutes later and asked to talk to me. Apparently this old creep saw me in the town and explained all about how he wanted to break the law of chastity with me.... I hung up pretty fast and changed his contact name to "DO NOT ANSWER!" he called about 20 times throughout the day and now I have to live in fear every time I go to town, not even knowing what this guy looks like!  But on a brighter note we got a new investigator today!! Her name is Tasha, we met up with her in the town and taught a really powerful lesson on the Plan of Salvation. She comes from a catholic background but committed to work towards baptism on August 6th!! That's going to be a big beautiful day for us here in Dalkeith!

July 15th
Friday was a bit of a struggle, all of our appointments fell through so the day consisted of knocking doors in the rain. What made it even worse was I forgot my jacket in Edinburgh. Let’s just say…I got wet!


July 16th
More finding and failed try by's on Saturday. We did teach a pretty good lesson out of the Ensign to a less active though so it wasn't all bad. He came to church this week so it must have meant something to him!

July 17th
Sunday was probably my favorite out of the bunch! First off we had Josie and Jonathan at church; they seemed to really enjoy it! Every time I see them I get an even clearer vision of them in the baptismal fount! Next the primary president had us in to teach a short lesson on the Pioneers and how they sacrificed to build temples. Elder Crocket and I came up with the idea of helping them build temples out of sugar cubes! I remember doing that back when I was a young whipper snapper! They loved every second of it! I'm pretty sure they're parents all hate us for the sugar, glue combo now though.... After church was an amazing dinner appointment at the Campbell's. This family is like a classic Mormon family, those are super hard to come by in this mission! It was good fun; one of the best parts was talking to one of their daughters who is exactly like my sister Ivy! It brought back some good memories. To finish the night out we knocked a street where we got two solid potentials and a return appointment! I fell asleep feeling like we made up for the last two days!



There you have it, another week in the Scotland Ireland Mission. I'm excited to say the great ball of missionary work in finally starting to roll in Dalkeith. These next few weeks will be hard ones full of finding and preparation. However, next month will be one of tender mercies and reaping the fruits of out labors! Thank you for your love and support. I love you all!

Love, Elder Cluster


No comments:

Post a Comment