Monday, May 22, 2017

"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened" -Dr. Seuss


I don't really know how to start this email. It’s hard to process the fact that I am actually coming home in one week. I'll randomly get these thoughts in my head telling me to find a way to make it last longer, I keep feeling like President will make an exception, and ask me to extend. However these feelings are always followed by a prayer in my heart, and then peace from the Spirit telling me God has another plan.

Throughout my mission I have experienced things I never thought I’d be able to handle; Getting dropped by an investigator and friend, watching a recent convert lose their way, getting tossed around in a car crash, changing my clothes three times a day because the rain won’t stop falling and nobody will let us in when we knock on their door, having your flat burn down and losing everything, and worst of all is seeing God’s children reject Him. This list could probably go on for another good couple of pages, but that's not what I want to focus on.

I testify that through my trials the Lord has taken me upon his yoke and has made my burdens light. Without the rock of my Redeemer I would not still be here on my mission today. He has a pure love for each of us. He will always come to our aid. He will always come to our rescue. I have so been blessed to be an instrument in the hands of the Lord these last two years. He has blessed me to witness miracles. He has blessed me to see His children the way He sees them. He as blessed me to witness lives totally change as they come unto Christ and feel His Redeeming love. A wise friend once told me "Life is hard, but you'll find you wouldn't have it any other way" I am grateful for every second of my mission, especially the hard ones. I am grateful that the Lord took a recluse and broken soul such as I, and has molded me into something much better. 

I know He lives, and I know He loves us. He will guide us safely home.






No comments:

Post a Comment